Who We Are
Victory Christian Centre (VCC) was founded in October 1986 in London, Ontario by Pastors Brian and Brenda Scott.
Following a year of informal Bible studies and prayer meetings in their home, the Scotts held VCC’s first service in the living room of Pastor Brian’s sister’s home. VCC continued to meet in that living room for the next year before relocating services to a local Best Western hotel ballroom.
VCC held its weekly services in the hotel ballroom for the next few years, hauling sound equipment, children’s ministry resources, and a portable bookstore, among other things, in and out for each and every service. Many hours were spent setting up complete sound systems, book tables, children’s ministries, and more each week. In addition, VCC held several week-long ‘Jubilee’ Conferences with various guest speakers and crowds of several hundred. It was certainly exciting and powerful!
In the fall of 1993, VCC moved into its present facilities at 4053 Meadowbrook Drive. In fact, its very first week-long conference was held before the building was fully renovated…it was a wild week of meetings without doors, carpet, or even a front platform, but the Holy Spirit still showed up and so did huge crowds of believers hungry for the Word of God!
VCC expanded its ministry outreach in 1997 to birth a private Christian Elementary School, Victory Christian Academy, the dream and vision of Pastor Brenda. Over the next 11 years, VCA became a leading private school with an incredible teaching faculty, extremely gifted students, and an exceptional ‘string’ music program. Many students have gone on to become exceptional university graduates, stating their foundation was laid at VCA.
Pastor Brian’s professional career as a lawyer blessed VCC with ministerial relationships with some of the most anointed ‘Faith’ ministries in North America. Over the years, Pastor Brian assisted some 10 American Ministries in opening Canadian ministry offices and most of these ministries became regular guest speakers at VCC.
Today, VCC continues to minister God’s Word with integrity and strong anointing. People’s lives are strengthened, homes are stabilized, and families are blessed. As we say, ‘The Word works for those who work the Word!’
Victory Christian Centre is a Bible-believing New Testament church that exists to present the Gospel of Jesus Christ, His saving Grace, and the power of the Holy Spirit to the people of London and the nation of Canada. VCC is dedicated to training and teaching men and women to become true Bible believers, schooled by the Word of God and the revelation of the Holy Spirit. VCC seeks to expand the Kingdom of God and its principles, teaching believers how to live victoriously in every facet of their lives.
Victory Christian Centre is called to fulfill Jesus Christ’s Great Commission to ‘go into all the world and preach the gospel’ by:
- Teaching, training, and equipping believers in the Word of God to live a practical, workable, achievable Christianity in their personal lives, in their family, and in their jobs or careers.
- Equipping believers to be led by the Holy Spirit and the Word of God to influence and transform their community for the Glory of God.
- Empowering believers to live a Victorious Life in Christ. When the family unit is fulfilled and living in harmony, the church will fulfill its mission and society will ultimately be blessed and impacted.
Victory Christian Centre is committed to the following ‘core principles’ and ‘foundational values’:
- Exalting and honouring the Person and Principles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
- Honouring and respecting the Bible as the ‘inspired Word of God’;
- Respecting the scriptures as the true standard for life and ministry;
- Respecting the Holy Spirit as our present day Helper, Teacher, Comforter, and Counselor;
- Developing greater faith in our believers, knowing that Faith pleases God;
- Developing a believer’s personal relationship with Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour; Being committed to a lifestyle of prayer;
- Developing a lifestyle of giving;
- Emphasizing the importance of living a holy and sanctified Christian life;
- Developing strong Christian integrity, character, and faithfulness in all facets of a believer’s life;
- Being committed to a lifestyle of praise and worship;
- Respecting the sanctity of life of both child and our senior citizens;
- Sending forth believers to minister beyond our church borders.